Required Equipment: Powerboats (Including those with Electric Motors)
1. Every person on board a PWC must wear a properly fitted life jacket.
2. On vessels less than 18 feet, any child less than 10 years of age must wear a properly fitted life jacket.
3. Except for vessels with an electric motor and vessels less than 26 feet of "open construction" with an outboard motor.
4. Prohibited from operating between sunset and sunrise.
5. Vessel of 12 meters (39.4 feet) or more must have a power whistle; vessels over 20 meters (not included on this chart) also must have a bell.
6. Exception for any vessel less than 14 feet, any canoe, and any sailboat less than 21 feet.
7. Some varieties of personal watercraft may be exempted by the U.S. Coast Guard. Consult your watercraft dealer or the manufacturer to verify requirements for these devices.
8. Applies to vessels 12 meters (39.4 feet) or more.