THURSDAY, JULY 1, 2010
Outdoor grilling and summer go hand-in-hand. To keep you safe this holiday, below are few facts and tips. Enjoy!
Did you know that.......?
* Thirty-three percent (33%) of home grill structure fires start on an exterior balcony or enclosed porch1
* June and July are the peak months for grill fires1
* Fire departments respond to an average of 7,900 home fires involving grills, hibachis or barbecues each year, including
5,000 outside fires and 2,900 structure fires1
Grilling Safety Tips
* The grill should be placed well away from the home, deck railings and out from under eaves and overhanging branches.1
* Never leave your grill unattended.1
* Charcoal Grills: If you use a starter fluid, use only charcoal starter fluid. Never add charcoal fluid or any other flammable
liquids to the fire.1
* When you are finished grilling, let the coals completely cool before disposing in a metal container.1